Natural sand vs Manufactured sand
As we all know natural sand depletion has caused an alarming sign for Mother Nature and due to government ban, demand and supply graph is affected resulting in increased rates and poor quality sand. To bridge, this gap people have come up with alternative and innovated Manufactured sand.
Manufactured sand is a substitute of river/sea sand for concrete construction and it is produced from hard granite stone by crushing.
Properties of manufactured sand
Manufactured sand is a substitute of river/sea sand for concrete construction and it is produced from hard granite stone by crushing. The crushed sand is of cubical shape with grounded edges, washed and graded to as a construction material. The size of manufactured sand is less than 4.75mm & it varies depend upon customer needs.
If we talk about physical properties let me help you by explaining it –
- As per the required proportion it is very well graded.
- Cubical in shape due to rock on rock process and high carbon steel hit technology.
- Increased quality and durability of concrete as there is a low impurity in comparison to river sand.
- It does not contain organic and soluble compound that affects the setting time and properties of cement.
- Sand is obtained from specific hard rock’s (granites) and thus quality standards are set high.
- Cheaper rates as compared to natural sand price.
- Environmental friendly.
Properties of manufactured sand-
- Higher strength
- Lower rate of construction defects.
- Increased production of construction ability causing increased workability.
- Low maintenance cost
- Eco friendly
Sand is an important raw material in construction industry. It is the major fine aggregate. There is scarcity of natural sand in large scale because of increased sand mining in river beds leading to lack of natural sand reserves, urban expansion, local legislations and environmental constraints.
Thus demand and scope of manufactured sand is increasing daily, with bulk production.
We can conclude that manufactured sand has more compatibility than natural sand. The properties are within the range specifies by the Indian standard code of practice. Manufactured sand is available for reasonable cost in the market where as natural sand is scarcely available. Therefore manufactured sand has a potential to provide alternative to natural sand has.
To know more about it please contact 9414169137